Fundraising for groups
Smash your group's fundraising target
If you're stuck for ideas, just remember – often the best way to gang up on cancer, have fun and raise money is to get together as a team and tell cancer to jog on with these great ideas:
- Quiz night: hold a quiz night in a pub or at home. The questions can be on any topic you like, though general knowledge, sports and music rounds often work well. Charge each person to enter, then offer half the money raised as a prize for the winning team and pay the other half in to your fundraising page.
- Clothes swap: get your friends to dust the cobwebs off any unwanted clothes, shoes or accessories and ask them to bring them to a clothes swapping party. Charge £1 for each swap. Everyone’s a winner
- Come dine with me: create your very own version of the popular TV show. Gather together four or five friends and take it in turns to host the perfect dinner party. Rate the host’s performance at the end of each evening and ask for a donation to take part.
- Swear box: stick a swear box in your office and charge for minor misdemeanours.
- Give cancer a kick: take on cancer with a sponsored kick-boxing or aerobics class at your local gym, workplace or community centre and charge to take part.
For even more inspiration you can download a Race for Life group fundraising pack (PDF, 963KB) it’s full of great ideas to help you boost your fundraising total.
More tips and tools to help you raise money
We've also created posters, sweepstake forms and sponsor forms to help you promote your Race for Life event and gang up on cancer by raising money. You'll find these in our Race for Life fundraising tools.
Group fundraising page
If you are a group leader, it’s really important you create a Race for Life fundraising page for your group – it's the easiest way to raise money and show cancer we won’t be pushed around anymore.
If you're part of a group, ask your group leader for the link to your online fundraising page and then share a link to it on Facebook, Twitter and by email so that everyone you know can sponsor you - and let cancer see that you mean business.
You can also collect donations with a Race for Life sponsorship form (PDF, 460KB).