Training plans and tips
Ways to train whatever your fitness level
We've got simple training plans for women of all ages and fitness levels to help you say “cancer, we’re coming to get you”.
Find the right Race for Life training plan for you
We've got great training plans to help you get in shape and stay healthy.
5k training plans
- Your 5k walking plan (PDF, 197KB)
- Your 5k jogging plan (PDF, 203KB)
- Your 5k running plan (PDF, 193KB)
10k training plans
Did you know that by being physically active, you can reduce the risk of breast, bowel and womb cancer?
Top tips for everyone
- Wear comfy shoes and make sure your feet are well supported.
- It's also a good idea to wear a sports bra.
- If you're a beginner, concentrate on increasing the time you walk, jog or run for and build this up gradually.
- Get the girls together to train and gang up on cancer. It's a great excuse to have a natter while motivating one another to go that little bit further.
- Whether you walk, run or dance, go at a conversational pace that feels comfortable.
- Remember to warm up and cool down before and after any exercise. Taking time to stretch properly will help reduce chances of injury.
- It's important to stay hydrated before, during and after exercise – don't wait until you are thirsty.
Not sure which distance is right for you?
Join the fight against cancer and enter Race for Life
Cancer, we’re coming to get you. Join in this year’s Race for Life and show cancer who’s boss. Come along and run, walk, dance or sponsor - together we will bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.