Where your money goes
We will beat cancer sooner
Every two minutes someone in the UK is diagnosed with cancer.
Here at Cancer Research UK, we are world leaders in finding new ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer. We want to create more tomorrows for more people which is why we’re determined to beat cancer sooner.
We receive no Government funding for our research. Our life-saving work relies on the money that you raise through sponsorship. It is from the support through events like Race for Life that helps us continue our groundbreaking work and help more people survive cancer.
How your money can help Cancer Research UK
Each step we make towards beating cancer relies on each pound donated. Here are some examples of how the money you raise in sponsorship – big or small – can help us become cancer’s worst nightmare:
- £5 kits one of our research labs out with essential chemicals.
- £8 kits out our scientists with a lab timer, helping them to find out what makes a cancer cell tick.
- £20 buys a lab coat, box of gloves and goggles. Not only geek chic, but vital items to help our scientists carry out life-saving research.
- £30 covers the cost of a cervical cancer trial for one day.
- £70 pays for a Bunsen burner to help ignite groundbreaking research on a daily basis.
- £180 pays for one day of a trial to discover faster diagnosis and new therapies to treat brain cancer.
- £300 buys a hotplate to warm special solutions, turning up the temperature on groundbreaking research.
- £400 is the cost of running Cancer Chat for one day helping thousands of people through very difficult times.
Want to know more about the fantastic work Cancer Research is doing?