10k training plans
We’ll help you take on the challenge
We've worked with Kiqplan™, our training partner, to create simple six-week 10k training plans for women of all ages and fitness levels to help you prepare for your 10k Race for Life event this summer.
(Note: if you have trouble printing the pdf, save it locally first)
Looking for your exclusive £4.99 Kiqplan™?
The Kiqplan™ 10k App features your 12 week training plan, along with daily tips, motivational articles, advice for the big day and healthy recipe ideas. Buy it now.
Top tips for everyone
- Ensure your feet are well supported in the correct running shoes.
- Look the part while training with our range of merchandise.
- Make sure you don’t train on an empty stomach.
- Take your time and pace yourself when doing longer runs.
- Train with friends to help motivate each other.
- A healthy diet will help you feel great.
- Don’t forget you need to warm up and cool down.
- Make sure you drink enough water to stay hydrated.
- Stay SunSmart when you're training and stay covered up.
Staying active is one of the ways to reduce your cancer risk. You can find out how other lifestyle factors can affect your risk of cancer here.
If you need more support with personalised tips and ideas, download the Race for Life app now.
If you’re not sure how far 10k is, have a look at our everyday examples.