10k training plans
We’ll help you take on the challenge
Our official fitness plan partner for Race for Life this year, Kiqplan™ (a personal coaching app) has created a bespoke 12-week training programme to help get Race for Life ladies ready for the 10k event.
The app features daily motivational and health tips, weekly workout videos, nutritional advice and targets for walking and running. It’s like having a trainer, nutritionist and motivational coach - and for the low cost of £4.99!
Kiqplan™ have also produced two simple six-week 10k training plans, suitable for women of all ages and fitness levels to help prepare for the 10k Race for Life this summer.
(Note: if you have trouble printing the pdf, save it locally first)
Top tips for everyone
- Ensure your feet are well supported in the correct running shoes.
- Look the part while training with our range of merchandise.
- Make sure you don’t train on an empty stomach.
- Take your time and pace yourself when doing longer runs.
- Train with friends to help motivate each other.
- A healthy diet will help you feel great.
- Don’t forget you need to warm up and cool down.
- Make sure you drink enough water to stay hydrated.
- Stay SunSmart when you're training and stay covered up.
Staying active is one of the ways to reduce your cancer risk. You can find out how other lifestyle factors can affect your risk of cancer here.
If you’re not sure how far 10k is, have a look at our everyday examples.