10k training plans
We’ll help you take on the challenge
Here are two easy-to-follow 6-week 10k training plans from RunningWithUs. Suitable for women of all ages and fitness levels, just pick your plan, print it out and follow it to get prepped for your 10k Race for Life this summer.
For some extra training tips, make sure you've downloaded the Race for Life app. It will also help you keep on top of your fundraising and stay posted on your event.
Top tips for everyone
- Ensure your feet are well supported in the correct running shoes.
- Look the part while training with our range of merchandise.
- Make sure you don’t train on an empty stomach.
- Take your time and pace yourself when doing longer runs.
- Train with friends to help motivate each other.
- A healthy diet will help you feel great.
- Don’t forget you need to warm up and cool down.
- Make sure you drink enough water to stay hydrated.
- Stay SunSmart when you're training and stay covered up.
Staying active is one of the ways to reduce your cancer risk. Find out how other lifestyle factors can affect your risk of cancer.
How far is 10k?
If you’re not sure how far 10k is, have a look at our everyday examples.