10k training plans
We’ll help you take on the challenge
If you’re taking on the 10k challenge, you need to think about your training in advance. Lucy Wyndham-Read has created plans for all abilities so even if you’re a complete beginner you’ll be jogging 10k in just six weeks. We also recommend you download the brand new Race for Life app to get personalised help and tips for your race.
Top tips for everyone
- Ensure your feet are well supported in the correct running shoes.
- Make sure you don’t train on an empty stomach.
- Take your time and pace yourself when doing longer runs.
- Train with friends to help motivate each other.
- Don’t forget you need to warm up and cool down.
- Make sure you drink enough water to stay hydrated.
If you’re not sure how far 10k is, have a look at our everyday examples.