10k training plans
We’ll help you take on the challenge
We have some easy-to-follow 10k training plans coming soon - suitable for women of all ages and fitness levels - to help prepare you for your 10k Race for Life this summer.
To find out when the training plans are available here download the Race for Life app. We’ll be posting news of the plans there. You’ll also have access to exclusive training content as well as staying up-to-date on your event.
Until then here’s some tips to help with your training now.
Top tips for everyone
- Ensure your feet are well supported in the correct running shoes.
- Look the part while training with our range of merchandise.
- Make sure you don’t train on an empty stomach.
- Take your time and pace yourself when doing longer runs.
- Train with friends to help motivate each other.
- A healthy diet will help you feel great.
- Don’t forget you need to warm up and cool down.
- Make sure you drink enough water to stay hydrated.
- Stay SunSmart when you're training and stay covered up.
Staying active is one of the ways to reduce your cancer risk. Find out how other lifestyle factors can affect your risk of cancer.
How far is 10k?
If you’re not sure how far 10k is, have a look at our everyday examples.