5k training plans
Plans to suit all abilities
With the help of our fitness expert, Lucy Wyndham-Read, we’ve created simple six week training plans for women of all ages and fitness levels to help you say “cancer, we’re coming to get you” at your 5k Race for Life this summer. We also recommend you download the Race for Life app to get personalised tips and guidance for your race.
Top tips for everyone
- Wear comfy shoes and make sure your feet are well supported.
- It's also a good idea to wear a sports bra.
- If you're a beginner, increase the time you exercise for gradually.
- Train with friends and help motivate each other.
- Whether you walk, run or dance, go at a conversational pace.
- Remember to warm up and cool down before and after any exercise.
- It's important to stay hydrated before, during and after exercise.
If you’re not sure how far 5k is, have a look at our everyday examples.