5k training plans
Plans to suit all abilities
We have some simple training plans coming soon for women of all ages and fitness levels to help you get ready for your 5k Race for Life event this summer.
You can find out when the training plans go live by downloading the Race for Life app. You’ll also have access to exclusive training content as well as staying up-to-date on your event.
Until then here’s some tips to get active right now.
There are a whole host of ways for you to get more active, so find a way that works for you, stick to it and reap the rewards.
Why not think about walking some or all of the way to work? If the full distance is a bit much, try getting off your bus or train a stop earlier and walking the rest of the way. You could join a running club or even form a walk-to-work group and get your colleagues involved.
Keeping active is one of the ways you can reduce your cancer risk. Find out how else cancer can be prevented.
Top tips for everyone
- Wear comfy shoes and make sure your feet are well supported.
- Look the part while training with our range of merchandise.
- It's also a good idea to wear a sports bra.
- If you're a beginner, increase the time you exercise for gradually.
- Train with friends and help motivate each other.
- Whether you walk, run or dance, go at a conversational pace.
- Remember to warm up and cool down before and after any exercise.
- A balanced diet will help you feel great.
- It's important to stay hydrated before, during and after exercise.
- Remember to stay SunSmart when you're training and keep covered up.
How far is 5k?
If you’re not sure how far 5k is, have a look at our everyday examples.