5k training plans
Plans to suit all abilities
With the help of our fitness expert, Lucy Wyndham-Read, we’ve created simple six week training plans for women of all ages and fitness levels to help you say “cancer, we’re coming to get you” at your 5k Race for Life this summer.
Top tips for everyone
- Wear comfy shoes and make sure your feet are well supported.
- Look the part while training with our range of merchandise.
- It's also a good idea to wear a sports bra.
- If you're a beginner, increase the time you exercise for gradually.
- Train with friends and help motivate each other.
- Whether you walk, run or dance, go at a conversational pace.
- Remember to warm up and cool down before and after any exercise.
- It's important to stay hydrated before, during and after exercise.
With spring around the corner, why not think about walking some or all of the way to work? If the full distance is a bit much, try getting off your bus or train a stop earlier and walking the rest of the way. You could join a running club or even form a walk-to-work group and get your colleagues involved.
There are a whole host of ways for you to get more active, so find a way that works for you, stick to it and reap the rewards.
If you’re not sure how far 5k is, have a look at our everyday examples.