How far is 10k?
Anyone can do 10k with a bit of training
If you have taken part in Race for Life before, our 10k events are a great way to up the challenge or 10k might just be a distance better suited for you. 10 kilometres is just over 6 miles, which may sound a little daunting, but is an achievable challenge for anyone with a bit of training.
- walking the circular Postbrige walk in Dartmoor
- a stroll along the Grand Union Canal in central London
- a trip through Bristol from Bedminster Library to Ashton Court Mansion
- strolling along the River Tyne in Newcastle
- a wander around Holyrood Park in Edinburgh
- walking from the Millennium Centre in Cardiff to Mermaid Quay, twice
- twice round Manchester University's campus
- a jaunt along Beachy Head from Eastbourne to Birling Gap
- walking up and down Bangor beach, Northern Ireland, 3 times