How far is 5k?
An achievable distance for all women
Race for Life events are 5km (or just over three miles). It’s not that much further than when you walk your dog, go sightseeing or go on a shopping trip.
- walking the circular route at Braids Hill in Edinburgh
- strolling up and down Southend promenade
- not much further than walking Cardiff’s Centenary Walk
- following the Thames from Westminster Bridge to the Tower of London
- walking from Whiteladies Road in Bristol down to the Floating Harbour
- the same as Belfast’s famous ghost walk
- a shopping trip in Leeds finishing in the Corn Exchange
- sightseeing along the eastern tip of the Isle of Wight costal path
- walking from Nottingham Station to Council House three times
Take the 10k challenge
Double the distance (and the fun) with a Race for Life 10k event. Find out how far 10k is.