How far is 5k?
An achievable distance for all women
5 kilometres is just over three miles, which isn't that much further than when you walk your dog, go sightseeing or go on a shopping trip.
This is why Race for Life 5k events make the perfect race to take part in with all your friends and family, regardless of age or fitness.
So how far exactly is 5k?
5k is ...
- walking the circular route at Braids Hill in Edinburgh
- strolling up and down Southend promenade
- not much further than walking Cardiff’s Centenary Walk
- following the Thames from Westminster Bridge to the Tower of London
- walking from Whiteladies Road in Bristol down to the Floating Harbour
- the same as Belfast’s famous ghost walk
- a shopping trip in Leeds finishing in the Corn Exchange
- sightseeing along the eastern tip of the Isle of Wight coastal path
- walking from Nottingham Station to Council House three times
Take on a 5k
Now you know 5k is an achievable distance why not take the first step to the finish line and find an event to enter.
We have nearly 200 Race for Life 5k events taking place across the country this year. Use the box below to find your nearest event so you can show cancer that hell hath no fury like a woman in pink.
Find your event
Take the 10k challenge
Reckon you can double the distance (and the fun) with a Race for Life 10k event?