On the day
What happens at Race for Life?
Whether you’ve taken part in a Race for Life event before or this year is your first time, you need to know what to expect on the day and what you need to bring along with you, so you can really take the fight to cancer.
For the best information about your specific event and its facilities, stalls and transport information, check your event page.
Don't forget to keep checking your Race for Life app for updates about your event.
What to bring
- Your info: remember your back sign and running number
- Pin it: safety pins so you can attach your sign and number to you
- Bag it: bring bags full of things for our Donation Stations
- Dress up: think comfortable clothes, a sports bra and trainers
- Change it: if you’re getting Pretty Muddy®, bring clothes and a towel
- Cheer on: supporters can use our cheering boards (PDF, 593KB)
- Drink up: keep a bottle of water handy to keep you hydrated
- Be SunSmart: covering up will protect your skin - don't forget your hat and sunscreen too
Unfortunately, there are no lockers, changing facilities or showers at Race for Life events, so please bear this in mind and ask friends to look after your valuable belongings, clean clothes and towels.
Can I take part with my dog?
We allow participants to take part with their dogs at some of our events. You can check this on your event page; just look at the course information or for the dog icon in the facilities section. However, we would ask that you be a responsible dog owner when bringing your pet to a Race for Life event and make sure you bring water to keep your pet hydrated.
What to do if your event is cancelled
We really don’t like cancelling events, but sometimes nature or things outside of our control mean we have to for your safety. Find out more about what to do if your event is cancelled.