- Back sign
- Donation Station
- Gift Aid
- Secure internet connection
- Security code
- Unique Reference Number
A back sign is a way for you to dedicate your Race for Life in memory or in celebration of someone you know. If you would like to you can write your dedication on the sign and pin it onto your back. Reading other women's back signs as you go round your Race for Life course is a very moving part of the event. At all Race for Life events there will be a reflection area where you can leave your back sign or write a new one.
Donation Station is a convenient way to donate goods to Cancer Research UK shops while attending your Race for Life event. A couple of weeks before your event we will send you a Donation Station bag to fill up and drop-off on the day, although you can use as many bags of any type as you like.
Simply have a good sort out of your wardrobes, cupboards and drawers then bag up your quality unwanted items and bring them along with you before the race.
Each bag could be worth up to £30 so get your friends, family and colleagues involved and drop the bags off by looking for the pink Donation Station flags. You'll be making a huge difference!
Thanks to the Gift Aid scheme, Cancer Research UK can claim at least 25% back from the government on every donation we receive directly from you or as part of your sponsorship collection, at no extra cost to you or your sponsors.
For example, if you give £10 to Cancer Research UK's Race for Life, and you Gift Aid your donation we can claim at least an additional £2.50.
- You can cancel your declaration at any time by notifying us
- Please be aware that you must have paid an amount of income tax, and/or capital gains tax at least equal to the basic tax that we claim form your donation in the tax year you make the donation (6 April one year to 5 April the next)
- If in the future your circumstances change and you no longer pay tax on your income and capital gains that is equal to the tax that the charity reclaims, you can cancel your declaration
- If you are unsure whether your donations qualify for Gift Aid tax relief, please don't hesitate to contact us
- Please notify us if you change your name or home address
- Please note that we can only reclaim tax on donations made from a personal bank or building society account. We cannot claim Gift Aid on donations made from company accounts
JustGiving is a private company that specialises in providing online tools to enable online collection of donations. Cancer Research UK has worked with JustGiving since 2002 to allow our supporters to fundraise online for us and our Race for Life online fundraising pages are powered by JustGiving.
This website is on a secure server and all the transactional areas of the website (i.e. for entering events, paying in sponsorship, buying merchandise and donating) use industry standard 1024 SSL encryption.
When we capture your personal data it is encrypted in transit, and stored in a carefully controlled environment with restricted access. We are fully committed to protecting the security of your data. More information on the steps we take to protect your privacy can be found on the Cancer Research UK privacy page.
The card security code is a unique three or four-digit number printed on your debit/credit card. The number is not embossed on the card so that it cannot be printed on receipts – making it difficult for anyone other than the genuine cardholder to know it. Most UK-issued cards have a three-digit number printed at the top of the signature strip on the reverse of the card.
When you entered Race for Life we assigned you with a "Unique Reference Number" (URN). Please note that your URN is different from your running number.
Where can I find my URN?
Your URN is shown in the following places:
- on your event confirmation letter (see "Your Ref" at the top of the letter)
- on your sponsorship form (see "Ref no" at the top of the form)
- if you entered online - your URN appears at the end of the entry process (on the "Thank you" page and on your receipt), and in the confirmation email that we sent you
- if you entered by telephone - you will have been given your URN at the end of the call