Terms & Conditions
Updated 17th December 2014
Welcome to Cancer Research UK Trading's online shop at www.raceforlife.cancerresearchuk.org . Cancer Research UK Trading gives its profits to Cancer Research UK.
In the context of these Website Terms (as defined below), the following words shall have the following meanings:
- “Cancer Research UK” is a registered charity having number 1089464 in England, 1103 in the Isle of Man and SC041666 in Scotland, and is a company limited by guarantee with registered company number 4325234 whose registered address is at Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD;
- “Cancer Research UK Trading” means Cancer Research UK Trading Limited (also referred to as “we”, “us” and “our”), a company wholly owned by Cancer Research UK and registered in England and Wales with its registered office at Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD, registered company number 4355631 and VAT number GB788 1386 78;
- “Material” means all of the information, data, text, graphics, photographs, links or computer code published on, contained or available on the Website
- “Website” means any website under the ownership or control of Cancer Research UK Trading from which a link has been created to these Website Terms; and
- “You” means you, the individual accessing the Website or making an order as a consumer who is over 18 years of age.
1. Applicable terms and conditions
We own the Website, and any use made of this Website by You (including any registrations and donations made via the Website) is subject to these Website Terms.
We may amend these Website Terms at any time by updating the text of this page.
2. Use of the Website
Anyone may view any non-password protected parts of the Website and use it for their own purposes, provided:
- it is only used for information purposes for your personal use only, and not for reproduction on any other website, nor for commercial gain or improper or malicious use;
- any links created to the Website are notified to and approved by us before they are created; and
- no part of the Website is copied, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means to any third party without our written permission.
3. Contacting us
If You wish to contact us for any reason, or have any enquiries or complaints about the Website then please address them to:
Cancer Research UK
Race For Life
PO Box 1579
Telephone: 0300 123 0770
4. Third party websites
The Website contains links to websites operated by parties other than ourselves. Such links are provided for convenience only. We do not control such websites, and are not responsible for their content. Our inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. You are responsible for evaluating the accuracy and completeness of any information contained on the third party websites, and also any goods and services offered.
Whilst we make all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses from the Website we cannot ensure such exclusion and no liability is accepted for damage caused through the downloading of viruses. Therefore, You are recommended to take all appropriate safeguards before downloading information from the Website.
6. Copyright and trade marks
Copyright in the Material is owned by us or Cancer Research UK, or by our content suppliers. Unauthorised use of the Material, including reproduction, storage, modification, distribution or republication without our prior written consent or, where applicable, the respective copyright owner(s), is prohibited.
The names and logos of Cancer Research UK and all related product and service names, designs marks and slogans are the trade names, service marks or trade marks of Cancer Research UK and may not be used without our prior consent or, where applicable, Cancer Research UK.
Although the Website uses encryption security software in areas where on line payment details are accepted, the security of information and payments transmitted via the internet cannot be guaranteed. Any loss incurred or sustained by You or any person who transmits information by means of email or other internet links shall be borne by You and in no event shall any such loss in whole or part be borne by us or our agents.
8. Availability of the Website
We may suspend, discontinue or change the Website or any part of it from time to time for repair or maintenance work, in order to update or upgrade the contents or functionality of the Website or for any other reason, without liability or giving notice to You. Access to or use of the Website or pages linked to it may be interrupted or contain errors.
II. Terms of Sale
9. Applicable terms and conditions to sales from the Website
These Sales Terms govern the supply of any goods You order via the Website. Please read the Sales Terms carefully. If You do not agree with the Sales Terms, do not order any goods from the Website. If we accept any order for goods from You, then our agreement with You will be made on these Sales Terms.
Please note that we reserve the right to amend the Sales Terms from time to time. We will publish the amended Sales Terms on the Website and any new versions of the Sales Terms will come into effect as soon as we publish them (with the exception that any orders that we have already accepted from You prior to any such change will be subject to the Sales Terms in force at that point).
10. Availability of the goods displayed on the Website
We may terminate or suspend the supply of any items displayed on the Website in the event they are out of stock or for any other reason. We may do this at any time and without notice. Products displayed on the Website are normally available for dispatch within 24 hours and for products with slower availability, an estimated shipment preparation time is provided in the associated product listings on the Website.
11. Buying goods from the Website
11.1 Pricing policy: we may change the prices of the goods displayed on the Website at any time. The prices for all the goods available through the Website are clearly marked in their description and are inclusive of VAT (if applicable). Please note that if a pricing error is obvious and could have reasonably been recognised by You as a mistake, we do not have to provide the relevant item to You even if we have confirmed your order in accordance with clause 11.2. All applicable delivery charges are also displayed on the Website. All prices are in Pounds Sterling. We may make available offers and discounts using promotion codes. Only one promotion code is valid per order.
11.2 Conclusion of Contract of Sale: the information relating to the goods and relevant prices are displayed on the Website for your information and to enable You to decide whether You would like to make us an offer to purchase any such goods. When You place an order to purchase an item from the Website, this represents an offer to us. Your order is only accepted by us, and the contract concluded, when we send e-mail confirmation that we have accepted your order. Any products on the same order which are not referenced in our confirmation e-mail do not form part of that contract.
If we cannot supply You with the product or service You ordered, we will not process your order and will inform You of this via email.
11.3 Method of payment: for orders placed via the Website, we accept Visa, Mastercard and Maestro cards. We also accept payment via PayPal. We do not accept Visa Electron, American Express, Diner's Club or Solo cards. When making your payment, it is imperative that You provide the information that we specify is required, for example, the cardholder's name as it is shown on the card, and address exactly as it appears on the card statement. Your card will be debited when we confirm that we have accepted your order.
All card payments are subject to authorisation by your card issuer. However, if we do not receive your payment and You have already received the products ordered from us, You must pay for the products or return the products ordered from us in accordance with reasonable return instructions that we provide and in the same condition that You received them at your own expense. If You do not do this within 30 days of the date on which we cancel your order, we may collect or arrange for collection of the products at your expense.
All products that You order through the Website will remain our property until we have received payment in full for those products.
We reserve the right to charge for any damage or other adverse interference with any products that are the subject of an unpaid order.
11.4 Delivery: we deliver all items to UK mainland addresses and Northern Ireland (excluding offshore territories) free of charge. Unfortunately we do not currently deliver to addresses outside of these territories. We aim to deliver your order within 14 days, but please allow up to 28 days for delivery.
If for any reason we do not deliver any item within 30 days after the day on which we send You our confirmation email (or within any other time period agreed between you and us), you may cancel your order straight away if any of the following apply:
- we have refused to deliver the item in question;
- it was essential to You that delivery took place before the delivery deadline referred to above, or other agreed time period (taking into account all the relevant circumstances); or
- You told us before we accepted your order that delivery before the delivery deadline was essential.
If You do not wish to cancel your order, or are not entitled to do so, You can give us a new deadline for delivery, which must be reasonable, and You can subsequently cancel your order if we do not meet the new deadline.
If You choose to cancel your order as a result of late delivery in the circumstances set out in this clause, You can do so for just some of the items or all of them (where there is more than one item in your order), unless splitting them up would significantly reduce their value.
Where You choose to cancel an order under this clause, we will refund any sums You have paid to us. If your order has already been delivered to You by the time You choose to cancel, You will have to return the unwanted items to us or allow us to collect them, but we will also pay the costs of this.
If goods are not received within the timeframes set out above, please contact our customer services department by calling 0300 123 0770 or email us at email@example.com.
11.5 Out of stock: if any item You have chosen is unavailable because it is out of stock or otherwise, we will contact You via phone (if You have provided your telephone details) or email and set out the options that are available to You. If we are unable to contact You using the contact details You provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify You in writing.
11.6 Return of goods: we want You to be completely satisfied with your purchases, and we are under a legal duty to supply goods that are in conformity with the contract between You and us. Please let us know if You are not entirely satisfied with our products or our service, so that we can rectify the situation. We try to ensure that the products are the same as our original samples, although sometimes differences do occur. Items are described and photographed as accurately as possible, but please note that sizes, colours and designs may vary.
If You are not completely satisfied with any item You ordered You can either return it and ask for a replacement (see clause 11.7) or cancel the purchase and receive a refund (see clause 11.8) within 14 days of receipt, no questions asked.
When returning goods to us, please send them to Race For Life, PO Box 10377, Nottingham NG15 5EB.
If the product is damaged in any way or has become broken in transit, please contact customer services by calling 0300 123 0770 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When returning goods, please retain proof of postage. Without this we cannot be responsible for any items that fail to reach us.
11.7 Replacement policy: if You wish to return an item and receive a replacement, please send them to the address given at clause 11.6 above within 14 days of receipt of the item(s), in a resalable condition and if possible in the original packing (together with the customer advice note). Items returned under this policy must be unopened with any seals and shrink-wrap intact (e.g., for CDs and DVDs, electronics, food). Please note we can only accept the return of opened items if they are faulty. We are only able to replace identical products (requests for different sizes acceptable), so if You wish to order additional items it will be treated as a new order.
In the interests of hygiene, we cannot exchange the following items unless faulty:
- Underwear / lingerie, and swimwear. Please ensure that such items are tried on over your own underwear. We reserve the right to refuse returns of underwear where it is apparent that this has not been the case
- Hats and hair accessories unless unworn and the tags still in place
- Pierced earrings and pierced body jewellery - we are unable to exchange any pierced jewellery
- Cosmetics and toiletries and towels, we will accept returns if they are in a saleable condition with unbroken seals and packaging, and only if supported by a valid proof of purchase (your despatch note) for exchange or refund
Please note that we are also unable to exchange personalised goods or clearance items reduced to half price or less unless faulty.
You will be responsible for the costs of returning any items that You wish to exchange. However, if You wish to exchange an item because of an error on our part, because it is damaged or defective or because it does not match the description on the Website, we will be happy to reimburse your costs in returning the original item to us.
Please note that this replacement policy is in addition to your legal cancellation rights set out at clause 11.8 below.
11.8 Cancellation Policy: if You are purchasing items as a consumer, You also have a right to cancel your order within 14 days without giving any reason. This cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which You acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by You acquires, physical possession of the goods. Please note that if You purchased merchandise as part of your Race for Life entry, your cancellation rights set out below relate only to the merchandise, not your entry to the Race for Life event itself.
Please note that this cancellation right does not apply to:
- items that are made to your specification or clearly personalised
- items that are likely to deteriorate or expire rapidly (such as items of food or flowers);
- items that become inseparably mixed with other goods after they are delivered to You
- sealed items which are not suitable for return due to health protection and/or hygiene reasons where the seal is broken after the items are delivered to You
- sealed audio or video recordings (such as CDs and DVDs) where the seal is broken after the items are delivered to You
To cancel a purchase, You must tell us that You wish to cancel within the 14 day period referred to above. You can do this by:
- submitting the cancellation form (which can be accessed here) to the following address: Cancer Research UK, Race for Life, PO Box 1579, Oxford OX4 9HX, or by email to email@example.com
- emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on 0300 123 0770, providing us with details of your order in order to allow us to identify your purchase
- returning the item to us by packing it securely (preferably in the original packing) and sending it back to us with a copy of your receipt and your customer advice note confirming that You wish to cancel your order
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for You to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
If You cancel this contract, we will reimburse to You all payments received from You.
We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by You.
We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we receive back from You any goods supplied;
- (if earlier) 14 days after the day You provide evidence that You have returned the goods; or
- If there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel the contract.
We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as You used for your initial transaction, unless You have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, You will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or You have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
You will send back the goods or hand them over to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which You communicate your cancellation from this contract to us. The deadline is met if You send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods.
You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
If the item is faulty, defective or does not match the description on the Website, in addition to a full refund of the price paid for the goods, we will reimburse your costs in returning the item(s) to us.
11.9 Legal age: we do not sell products for purchase by children. We do, however, sell childrens’ products for purchase by adults. If You are under 18, You may only purchase items from the Website with the supervision of a parent or guardian.
11.10 Special offers: from time to time, special offers may be advertised on the Website. Special offer prices quoted apply only to orders completed online.
11.11 Free gifts
From time to time, free products may be offered with a product or order. These free products are included as part of your order and if any part of the order is returned for a refund we reserve the right to deduct the value of the free gift from your refund if they are not returned too.
12. Personal Information
13. Manufacturer’s guarantees and our warranty for the products
Some of the products we sell to You come with a manufacturer's guarantee. For details of the applicable terms and conditions, please refer to the manufacturer's guarantee provided with the products.
As You are a consumer, a manufacturer's guarantee is in addition to, and does not affect, your legal rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
14. Limitation of liability
We are responsible for loss or damage You suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated at the time the contract was entered.
We only supply the products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the product for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to You for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
(b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession);
(d) any breach of the terms implied by section 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples); or
(e) defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
15. Events outside our control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control.
An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks, the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects us:
(a) we will contact You as soon as reasonably possible to notify You; and
(b) our obligations will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of products to You, we will arrange a new delivery date with You after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
You may cancel a Contract affected by an Event Outside Our Control that has continued for more than 21 days. To cancel please contact us. If You opt to cancel, You will have to return (at our cost) any relevant products You have already received and we will refund the price You have paid, including any delivery charges. We shall not be held to be in breach of its obligations, nor be liable to You for any loss or damage which may be suffered by another party due to any cause beyond our reasonable control including without limitation any act of God, fire, storm, flood, lightening, disease, strike, trade dispute, act of terrorism, any act or omission of government or regulatory bodies or communications operators.
The Website Terms and the use of the Website shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties hereto submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in all disputes arising out of or relating to the Website and/or any transactions made on the website, or these Website Terms.
Race for Life Schools/Overseas/Corporates/Communities™ terms & conditions
1. I am at least 18 years old and I agree to organise a Race for Life Schools/Overseas/Corporates/Communities event as an independent supporter of Cancer Research UK (the “Event”). I agree to organise the Event in a proper and professional way, having the safety of the participants in mind at all times as the main priority.
2. I agree that any costs or risks that arise out of the Event that I organise are my responsibility and I shall ensure that the Race for Life Schools/Overseas/Corporates/Communities Event is organised safely.
3. I agree that Cancer Research UK and its subsidiaries (such as Cancer Research UK Trading Limited) (together “CR-UK”) shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss howsoever suffered by me, the participants or spectators or any other third party as a result of the organisation of or participation in the Event (other than in respect of death or personal injury arising as a result of CR-UK’s negligence or any other liability that may not be excluded as a matter of law.)
4. I am aware that Cancer Research UK’s insurance policy will not cover the organisation of and participation in the Event. I will consequently arrange for appropriate insurance cover to be put in place.
5. I will not do anything that threatens Cancer Research UK’s reputation or name, and if I do, Cancer Research UK can require me to cease fundraising on its behalf.
6. I agree to only use CR-UK’s branded materials for the purpose of the Event.
7. I will ensure that all participants and spectators of the Event (and parents/legal guardians where such individuals are under the age of 18) are aware of and agree to the following before attending the Event:
- it is not Cancer Research UK’s intention to photograph or video individuals at the Event but should it wish to do so, Cancer Research UK will arrange to obtain consent to do so beforehand; BUT
- there may be photos or videos taken by others at the Event over whom Cancer Research UK has no control.
8. Race for Life Schools/Overseas/Corporates/Communities would welcome any photos or videos of the Event for promotional purposes. Therefore if I wish I can send any to email@example.com (for schools) or firstname.lastname@example.org (for organisations), but if I do so, I will ensure that:
I will not send Cancer Research UK any photos, videos or names of individuals under the age of 18 (but 18 year olds may appear in group photos/videos);
- it is my own photograph or video, solely owned by me and in which I have copyright; AND
- everyone featured in the photos/videos (and their parents/legal guardians where an individual featured is under the age of 18) has consented in advance to the photos/videos being passed to Cancer Research UK and for them being used by Cancer Research UK to publicise Race for Life Schools/Overseas/Corporates/Communities and for other fundraising and publicity purposes in all media (including printed material, television, internet publication and social media sites).
9. I agree that where children under the age of 18 wish to participate in the Event I shall obtain the prior written consent of their parents or legal guardians
10. I agree that due to health and safety reasons, I shall not give any medals provided to me by CR-UK to any child under 3 years old and I will advise parents not to allow children under the age of 3 years old to play with these medals.
11. I agree that all monies raised in connection with the Event will be held on trust for Cancer Research UK and that I have a legal responsibility to pass these to Cancer Research UK.
12. I agree to pay all monies raised in connection with the Event to Cancer Research UK as soon as practicable after the Event and I will not deduct any costs incurred from these monies. Monies raised can be paid:
- by setting up an online sponsorship page
- by calling Cancer Research UK on 0300 123 0770; or
- by sending a cheque made payable to "Cancer Research UK" (stating your unique reference number on the back) to Race For Life, PO Box 1579, OXFORD. OX4 9HX
Please ensure that all sponsorship forms are returned to Cancer Research UK to enable it to claim Gift Aid where possible.