Terms & Conditions
Updated 20th May 2016
1. Participants in selected Cancer Research UK Race For Life events can apply to enter the same Race for Life event scheduled for 2017 (the “Event”) by texting the keyword indicated in the SMS you received to 80500.
2. Each text message will be charged at £10 plus a standard rate text (based on your service provider rates).
3. Only one entry place can be reserved from any telephone number. If we receive more than one text message from the same number, no additional entry place shall be reserved but you (or the sender, if the message is sent on your behalf) may still be charged for the additional message(s) at the relevant standard network rate.
4. Once we have received a text message from you or on your behalf as set out above, we will send a message to that number confirming that your payment has been received. Once we have completed processing your entry we shall subsequently send you an email confirming your place at the Event using the email address you have previously provided to us.
5. However, if the keyword or shortcode are typed incorrectly, or the instructions in these Terms and Conditions are not followed correctly, we shall be unable to process your application but you (or the sender of the text message if they apply to enter on your behalf) may still be charged for the message at the relevant standard network rate.
6. If the relevant mobile phone provider is unable to process payment for any reason, a further SMS will be sent to the supporter, advising them of where they can enter online.
7. The last day for entries via text message is 19th August 2016. If your text is received by us after this date, you shall not be entered into the relevant Event but you (or the sender of the text message if they apply to enter on your behalf) may still be charged a message at your standard network rate.
8. Participation in an Event shall be subject to the Race for Life rules which apply to that Event.
9. You must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message.
10. Entrants must be aged 16 years or over to apply to take part in an Event by text message, and entries must be from a UK mobile only. If you are under 16 and apply to enter an Event by text message (or someone applies on your behalf), we shall be unable to process your application but you (or the sender of the text message if they apply to enter on your behalf) may still be charged for the message at the relevant standard network rate.
11. Cancer Research UK does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure, malfunction, congestion, capacity issues or any other problem with any telephone, telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text being lost, delayed or not properly received and recorded.
13. This SMS service is being provided for by Open Market Limited, 15th Floor, 389 Chiswick High Road, Chiswick, London, W4 4AL.
14. If you wish to discuss this mobile payment call 0300 123 1861.
15. All the Events are organised by Cancer Research UK Trading Limited (registered office: Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD, registered company number: 4355631), a trading company which Gift Aids its taxable profits to Cancer Research UK, a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464) and Scotland (SC041666).