Race for Life Schools
Schools don't break records, they beat cancer.
Join thousands of schools across the country in supporting Cancer Research UK by holding your own Race for Life.
Whether it's part of a PE lesson or you're making a whole day of it, it’s free to take part and easy to organise.You choose the date, location and distance and we’ll send you your event kit with everything you’ll need including medals, back signs, finish line tape and much more.
If you are interested in holding your own Race for Life Schools event, registration will reopen in September 2021 after the summer holidays.
What you get from us
Once you’ve signed up, you’ll get a free event kit with everything you need to plan your Race for Life event, including:
- Posters and a totaliser to decorate your school
- Fundraising tips and a handy checklist to help you plan
- Sponsorship forms for everyone taking part
- Event day banner and finish line tape
- Back signs so that your pupils can run for loved ones
- Medals for everyone!
Your health and safety is our priority
We want to ensure that all our supporters stay safe while fundraising so have provided some guidance below. It’s very important you read this before you get planning, to keep you and your students safe:
- When planning your event ensure that you follow the current COVID-19 restrictions for your area and social distancing guidelines
- Check out the latest Government guidance on social distancing, as well as any rules determined by the Governments of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland where applicable for updates
- Do not host an event if you, or a member of your household have any symptoms of COVID-19 and ask others not to attend if they feel unwell
- Please ensure your school maintains good sanitation practices, including regular hand washing
Don't forget to fundraise!
Looking for some inspiration?
Why not have a look at our free resources and fundraising tips to help your school get raising funds to help beat cancer.
Norris Bank Primary School's story
Cancer has hit our school hard in the last few years with pupils, close family members and staff being affected. Our free kit arrived and the medals were a big hit with the children. The messages some of them wore on their backs for the day goes to show why Cancer Research UK is such a great cause to raise money for.
We raised £3000 which is much more than we have ever raised before and the sense of community that surrounded the event was overwhelming. We will definitely be doing it again.
Our Sponsor ScottishPower
ScottishPower are the official renewable energy sponsor of this year’s Race for Life Schools.
As a business they’re going 100% green but they’re also proud to wear pink and blue for Race for Life Schools.
Together we have the energy to help beat cancer sooner.