Race for Life Schools 'Win a visit from a Scientist' Prize Draw
Terms and Conditions
Prize draw rules
1. By entering this prize draw (the “Prize Draw”) entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below (“Terms and Conditions”).
2. The Prize Draw is open to applicants from Race for Life schools that are within a 15 mile radius of:
- University of Glasgow, Institute of Cancer Sciences
- University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
- NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
- Cancer Research UK Beatson Institute
- The University of Edinburgh
- NHS Lothian
- Northern Institute for Cancer Research
- Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- The Christie NHS Foundation Trust
- Manchester Institute
- University of Manchester
- University of Birmingham
- Birmingham Children’s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
- University of Southampton
- Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust
- University of Oxford
- Oxford University Hospitals Trust
- The Cambridge Cancer Centre
- Francis Crick Institute
- Institute of Cancer Research
- Cancer Research UK Imperial Centre
- Barts Cancer Institute
except employees of the Promoter and its subsidiary companies, and any other third party directly connected with the Prize Draw, together with their immediate family members and/or personal partners.
3. Entrants must be UK residents aged 18 or over, and the Promoter reserves the right to request evidence of eligibility, including the identity and age of any entrant.
4. To be eligible for the Prize Draw entrants must not have opted out of marketing communications.
5. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by May 12th 10:00am if you do not wish to be entered into the Prize Draw.
How to enter
6. Entry to the Prize Draw and closes at May 12th 11:00am: (“Entry Period”). Entries received outside the Entry Period will not be entered.
7. Entrants to the Prize Draw must sign up to take part in Race for Life Schools during the Entry Period.
8. Only one prize draw entry per school is permitted
9. Entries must be made directly by the person entering the Prize Draw. Third party, bulk and/or automated applications shall not be accepted
10. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for incorrect or incomplete personal details provided by a winner, or for any damage or loss resulting from entry into the Prize Draw. The Promoter shall also not be liable for issues of any kind which may prevent, restrict or delay the sending or receipt of an entry, including (but not limited to) technical faults such as network, computer, hardware or software failures. Late, damaged, illegible or corrupt entries, or those not complying with these Terms and Conditions, will not be valid. Proof of posting or transmission is not proof of receipt by the Promoter.
11. There is one prize consisting of a visit by a cancer researcher to the winner’s school. The researcher will spend up to half a day at the school. The researcher will bring a taste kit and virtual reality lab tour kit to the school and will take part in a Q&A session.
12. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. In the event of circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a similar prize
13. By participating, entrants agree that the prize is awarded on an “as is” basis and that the Promoter makes no representations or gives no warranties of any nature in relation to the prize
14. Insofar as permitted by law, the Promoter will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of using and/or taking up (or failing to use and/or take up) the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter or its employees.
15. The winner of the Prize Draw will be the first valid entry selected at random from all entries received during the Entry by an independent observer. The draw will take place on May 12th 2017 14:00 (“Draw Date”). Reserve winners will also be selected in case the original winner cannot be contacted and/or does not provide the necessary information. The Promoter’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The winner will be notified within 3 days of the Draw Date via email using the details provided by the winner.
17. If a winner cannot be contacted or fails to respond to communications within 5 days of notification, the prize will be forfeited and the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize to a reserve winner selected as set out above.
18. The winner must liaise with Cancer Research UK to arrange the date of the researcher’s visit to the school. The researcher must be provided with at least two months' notice of his/her visit.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if it reasonably believes there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or a winner’s conduct is contrary to these Terms and Conditions and in these circumstances the Promoter also reserves the right to require the return of any prize awarded (if applicable) and select an alternative winner as set out above.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to (i) cancel or suspend the Prize Draw; (ii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry and (iii) amend these Terms and Conditions (and will use reasonable endeavours to notify changes to entrants and potential entrants).
21. Any personal data received from entrants will only be used and/or shared with third parties where necessary for the proper purposes of the Prize Draw and in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement at http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/terms-and-conditions/privacy-statement.
22. By entering the Prize Draw, the winner agrees: (i) that the Promoter may use his/her name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of the Prize Draw as set out below, and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes; and (ii) to participate in such promotional activity and material as the Promoter may require
23. The name and home county of the winner will be available for one month after the Draw Date to anyone who sends an email to the following address email@example.com
24. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and entrants agree to irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any dispute arising out of or in connection with them.
25. If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Promoter: Cancer Research UK, Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD.