Join the Race for Life volunteering family
We're on the lookout for an inspirational team of volunteers.
Whatever time and skills you’ve got to share, we’ve got the perfect role for you. Bring your energy, smiles and a passion to the party and let’s beat cancer sooner together.
Whether you want to get stuck in helping at a Race for Life 5k, 10k, Marathon or Pretty Muddy event, we’ve got over 300 events across the country to choose from.
FIND AN EVENT TO VOLUNTEER AT
CHOOSE YOUR ROLE
Take your pick of these three fab roles or, if you're not sure what you fancy doing, simply select the ‘Happy in any role’ option. Once you’re all signed up, your Events Manager will be in touch to give you all the info you need and answer any questions you have.
Share your story with your volunteer backsign
Frequently Asked Questions
Any time at all that you can spare would be much appreciated. No matter how much time you have, your helping hands will be a valuable asset to the event!
Please let the event manager know how long you are able to be on site and we can make sure your role is flexible to your availability. We need volunteers to help set up and pack down so don’t worry if you can’t stay the whole day or make it for the start of the event.
Please do not register online! Instead, you’ll need to fill in a paper application form and have it signed by a parent or guardian. You can do this on the day, or request a form prior to the event by emailing email@example.com, letting us know your name, age and which event you want to volunteer at. We will then pass on your details to the event organiser who will be in touch nearer the time with further details. Under 16s: you will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian on the day.
- It’s an amazing experience - volunteering at a Race for Life event has an atmosphere like no other.
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to the life-saving work Cancer Research UK is doing right now.
- The experience of working with one of the UK’s leading charities on its premier national event series.
- Meeting new and like-minded people in your local area and creating a positive impact in your community.
- Learning new skills and gaining new experiences to support you in your personal and career development.
- A volunteer t-shirt and light refreshments.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible. To find out more, please read our volunteering policy.
A member of the team will contact you before the event to discuss any queries you have about the event or your role. You’ll receive briefing notes before the event and a full explanation of your role on the day. All volunteer teams have a designated manager who will guide and support you in your role and answer any questions you may have.