Getting ready for event day
Download a training plan
Easy ways to prepare for your event
If you're taking part in a 10k and you want to get into the spirit of things beforehand, you can start walking more in the run-up to your event with our top tips:
1. Go for a short 15 minute walk - Try a short 15 minute walk every other day - why not walk the kids to school or leave the car behind when you pop to the shops?
2. Extend your activities - Take the dog for longer walks, or get off the bus a stop or two early.
3. Take a Sunday stroll - Gather the family together for a nice long Sunday stroll in the countryside! For maximum impact, try to do this a few times before your event.
4. Measure your success - Remember, even walking around the shops counts. Why not invest in a pedometer to see how far you're going? Or check your phone, most smartphones have inbuilt step trackers.
5. On the day - It's time for your event! Take it easy this week in preparation.
Share this page