Terms and Conditions
- By entering this prize draw (the “Prize Draw”) entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below (“Terms and Conditions”).
- The Prize Draw is open to UK residents aged 16 or over, except employees of the Promoter and its subsidiary companies, together with their immediate family members and/or personal partners.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request evidence of eligibility, including the identity and age of any entrant. If you are under the age of 18, you will be required to provide written consent from your parent/guardian to claim your prize.
- To be eligible for the Prize Draw entrants must have:
(a) taken part in a 2021 Race for Life event;
(b) completed the Race for Life Supporter Satisfaction Survey by the Closing Date (specified below); and
(c) provided their email address for the purposes of this Prize Draw when prompted to do so during the survey.
How to enter
- Entry to the Prize Draw closes at 17.00 GMT on 5 December 2021 (“Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be entered into the Prize Draw.
- Entries to the Prize Draw must be submitted using the online entry form that will appear at the end of the survey.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- Entries must be made directly by the person entering the Prize Draw. Third party, bulk and/or automated applications shall not be accepted.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for incorrect or incomplete personal details provided by an entrant, or for any damage or loss resulting from entry into the Prize Draw. The Promoter shall also not be liable for issues of any kind which may prevent, restrict or delay the sending or receipt of an entry, including (but not limited to) technical faults such as network, computer, hardware or software failures. Late, damaged, illegible or corrupt entries, or those not complying with these Terms and Conditions, will not be valid.
- There is one prize for this Prize Draw. The prize is a £250 voucher to spend on a Virgin Experience Day from the Chrome Collection. The winner will be able to choose one experience from the selection available. Further information about the experiences can be found here, along with terms and conditions (including any age restrictions) of each experience, as well as who to contact in the event of any questions or complaints about the chosen Virgin Experience Day.
- The provision of the prize does not imply endorsement by the Promoter of Virgin Experience Days or any other third parties concerned in any way with the prize.
- The winner is responsible for organising and paying for all associated arrangements and costs involved in connection with the prize that are not specifically stated in these Terms and Conditions, including (where applicable) arranging transport to the Virgin Experience Day, food and drink on the day and all other incidentals. The winner is also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize.
- If the winner of the Prize Draw is aged under 18, they must follow any instructions within the Virgin Experience Day terms and conditions in relation to being accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or another adult aged 18 or over when taking up the prize.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. In the event of circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a similar prize of equal or greater value or, at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize.
- By participating, entrants agree that the prize is awarded on an “as is” basis and that the Promoter makes no representations or gives no warranties of any nature in relation to the prize.
- Insofar as permitted by law, the Promoter will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of using and/or taking up (or failing to use and/or take up) the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter or its employees.
- The winner of the Prize Draw will be the valid entry selected at random from all entries received on or before the Closing Date in the presence of an independent observer. The draw will take place on 6 December 2021 (“Draw Date”). Reserve winners will also be selected in case the original winner cannot be contacted. The Promoter’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified within 5 days of the Draw Date via email using the details provided by the winner.
- If a winner cannot be contacted or fails to respond to communications within 5 days of notification, the prize will be forfeited and the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize to a reserve winner selected as set out above.
- The Promoter will arrange for the prize to be sent to the winner by email.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if it reasonably believes there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or a winner’s conduct is contrary to these Terms and Conditions and in these circumstances the Promoter also reserves the right to require the return of any prize awarded (if applicable) and select an alternative winner as set out above.
- The Promoter reserves the right to (i) cancel or suspend the Prize Draw; (ii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry and (iii) amend these Terms and Conditions (and will use reasonable endeavours to notify changes to entrants and potential entrants).
- Any personal data received from entrants will only be used and/or shared with third parties where necessary for the proper purposes of the Prize Draw and in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement at http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/terms-and-conditions/privacy-statement.
- The winner acknowledges that the Promoter may request their consent to participate in promotional activity and material relating to the Prize Draw. However, for the avoidance of doubt neither entry into the Prize Draw nor the likelihood of the entrant being the prize winner are conditional upon consent being given.
- The winner’s surname and county will be available for one month after the Draw Date to anyone who sends an email to the following address email@example.com. If the winner objects to this information being made available, they should inform the Promoter at the earliest opportunity. In such cases, the Promoter will not make their details available to members of the public but the winner acknowledges that the Promoter may still be required to share their details with the Advertising Standards Authority or any other regulator as applicable. .
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and entrants agree to irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any dispute arising out of or in connection with them.
- If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Promoter: Cancer Research UK, 2 Redman Place, London E20 1JQ.