Race for Life Prize Draw (Standard Life)
Terms and Conditions
Prize draw rules
1. This prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 16 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter and anyone actively involved with the administration of the prize draw. The Promoter reserves the right to ask for evidence of identity and age.
2. Subject to these terms and conditions, every person who has:
- signed up to enter Race for Life 2023;
- set up a fundraising page via the Cancer Research UK Online Fundraising platform; and
- through that fundraising page raised £50 individually;
will be automatically entered into the prize draw provided that the Promoter has received the sponsorship money which that person/group has raised (being at least £50 as appropriate) by the Closing Date. Those using a designated Standard Life colleague discount code will be entered into a separate draw, in respect of which these Terms and Conditions shall apply.
3. No registration or return of sponsorship necessary. You can enter the prize draw without entering Race for Life or returning sponsorship money by emailing email@example.com or calling 0300 123 0770 by the Closing Date provided that you are eligible to enter Race for Life under the Race for Life Rules and you meet the requirements set out in clause 1 above. If you do not want to be included in the prize draw please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Entry is limited to one per person. If part of a group, which has returned sponsorship money through its group leader, each individual member of the group will be given one entry into the prize draw, provided that individual has signed up to the relevant group’s fundraising page.
5. The prize draw is open until 5pm on Monday 30th October 2023 (“Closing Date”).
6. Invalid or late entries will not be entered into the prize draw.
7. The prize is a Buyagift Gift Voucher worth £1,000. More information about the selection of experiences available can be found here along with terms and conditions of each experience (age and other restrictions may apply). The winner is responsible for organising and paying for all associated arrangements and costs that are not specifically started in these Terms and Conditions or covered under the gift voucher supplier's terms and conditions, including travel to the selected experience and all other incidentals. The winner is also responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize. The winner is responsible for any shortfall if they choose an experience that costs more than the value of the gift voucher. If the winner is under 18, the gift voucher supplier's terms and conditions may require the winner to be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian or other adult aged 18 or over with consent from the winner's parent or legal guardian ("Accompanying Adult"), when taking up the prize. Promoter is not responsible for meeting the costs of the Accompanying Adult's attendance at the experience with the winner.
8. The winner of the prize draw will be the valid entry selected at random from all the entries in the presence of an independent observer no later than 28th November 2023.
9. The prize is subject to availability and in the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value or at its sole discretion the cash value of the prize.
10. The prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the supplier and no warranty is given by the Promoter.
11. The prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternative will be offered.
12. Any entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions.
13. By participating in this prize draw, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and by the Promoter’s decisions, which are final in all matters relating to the prize draw and no correspondence or discussions shall be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend or modify the prize draw or these terms and conditions for any reason in the Promoter’s reasonable discretion.
14. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for incomplete or incorrect personal details submitted and/or for entries lost, corrupted, delayed or which cannot be sent due to technical errors, network, computer hardware, system or software failures, viruses, bugs and/or interruptions of service or for any other reason beyond its control (to the fullest extent permitted by law).
15. Third party, bulk and/or automated applications shall not be accepted and the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if it reasonably believes there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or a winner’s conduct is contrary to these terms and conditions or the spirit of the competition and in these circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner.
16. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for incorrect email addresses or incomplete or incorrect personal details provided by a winner. Incomplete or corrupt entries or those not complying with these terms and conditions will not be valid.
17. The winner will be notified within seven days of the draw by email or telephone. If on this date the winner is under the age of 18, they will also be required to provide written consent from their parent/guardian to claim the prize.
18. If the prize is not claimed within 6 weeks of the prize winner being notified, the prize will be awarded to a new winner selected as set out above. The Promoter will post out the prize to the winner within seven days of the winner claiming the prize.
19. The winner acknowledges that the Promoter may request their consent to participate in promotional activity and material relating to the prize draw. However, for the avoidance of doubt neither entry into the prize draw not the likelihood of the entrant being the prize winner are conditional upon consent being given.
20. The winner's surname and county will be available for one month after the date of the draw to anyone who sends and email to email@example.com. If the winner objects to the information being made available, they should inform the Promoter at the earliest opportunity. In such cases, the Promoter will not make their details available to members of the public but the winner acknowledges that the Promoter may still be required to share their details with the Advertising Standards Authority.
21. Unless otherwise agreed between you and the Promoter, personal information collected from entrants will only be used and/or shared with third parties where necessary in connection with the prize draw and its administration and in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement at https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/terms-and-conditions/privacy-statement.
22. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and entrants irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any dispute arising out of them.
23. If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Promoter: Cancer Research UK, 2 Redman Place, London, E20 1JQ