Pretty Muddy® training plan
Let’s climb all over cancer
Pretty Muddy® is a bit more of a workout than our traditional 5k and 10k events, but don't worry - help is on hand from RunningWithUs. They have created a training plan specifically to help get you prepared for those muddy obstacles.
For some extra training tips in the lead up to your event, make sure you download the Race for Life app. It will help you with your fundraising and keep you up-to-date on news of your event too.
Top tips for everyone
- Wear shoes which are comfortable and supportive.
- Look the part while training with our range of merchandise.
- A good sports bra is a key investment.
- If you’re new to running, start gradually and build up.
- Get your team to train together to keep you all motivated.
- Always go at a pace which feels comfortable to you.
- Make sure you warm up and cool down to avoid injury.
- Eating a balanced diet will keep you feeling great.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated.
- Remember to stay SunSmart when out in the sun and stay covered up.
What can I expect?
Pretty Muddy® obstacles will have you scaling an A-frame, climbing over durdles, scrambling under nets and through a mud pit – but all the while having lots of fun.
If want to know how far 5k is, check out our everyday examples.