3k training plans
Top tips for everyone
- Wear comfy shoes and make sure your feet are well supported.
- If you're a beginner, increase the time you exercise for gradually.
- Ring fence training times in your diary and think about when the best time is for you to train.
- Listen to a podcast or speak to friends on the phone when you train, this will keep you motivated.
- Whether you walk, run or dance, go at a conversational pace.
- Remember to warm up and cool down before and after any exercise.
- Your body will adapt to training more quickly and you will feel you have more energy for your runs if your nutrition is fueling your training effectively. Find out more about nutrition.
- Make sure you get enough sleep. Banish smart phones and tablets from the bedroom and try to avoid caffeine and alcohol late at night. You’ll wake up feeling fresh and training will feel that bit easier!
- It's important to stay hydrated before, during and after exercise.
- Remember to stay SunSmart when you're training and keep covered up.
How far is 3k exactly?
Every little helps
Training doesn't have to be just about following a training plan.
Why not think about going out for an evening walk in the park? If the full distance is a bit much, try slowly building up your distance.
Keeping active is one of the ways you can reduce your cancer risk.