How to fundraise online
Everyone has a different reason for signing up - maybe you lost a loved one, perhaps you're a survivor, or maybe you have no personal connection to cancer, but you want to help those who do.
Whatever inspires you, tell everyone you know. Your friends, your family, your colleagues. A Cancer Research UK Giving Page is the easiest way.
- It's quick to set up and simple to use
- You can fundraise on your own or as part of a group
- Your friends and family can sponsor you easily
- You can keep track of donations
- No need to use a sponsorship form
All you need to do is log in using the email address you used to sign up
Where your money goes
Each step we make towards beating cancer relies on each pound donated. Here are some examples of how the money you raise can help us become cancer’s worst nightmare:
- £20 covers the cost of running Cancer Chat for one hour
- £30 is the cost of running a cervical cancer trial for one day
- £80 buys a bunsen burner which can help our scientists to ignite ground-breaking research
- £300 can pay for special chemicals called antibodies, to light up microscopic parts of the cell
Make the most of your page
- People want to know why you’re raising money for Cancer Research UK, so updating your page by adding photos, videos and your story can really help boost sponsorship.
- Make sure you share your page on Facebook and Twitter and email it to your friends and family. It’s a great way to reach a lot of people!
- Let people know that their donation will make a real difference to our research. We are funded entirely by the public and their money can help save lives.
- Top Tip! Try and get the most generous person to donate to your online fundraising page first. That way, when other people visit your fundraising page they may be tempted to match or ‘out sponsor’ them.