How to fundraise online
Fundraise the easy way
Whether you're joining Race for Life in memory of a loved one, because you're a survivor, or just because you want to beat cancer, it's down to people like you that we can keep developing new treatments and funding new research.
You can choose to fundraise however you like, but the easiest way to raise money is with a Cancer Research UK Giving Page:
- It's quick to sort out and simple to use
- You can fundraise on your own or as part of a group
- Your friends and family can sponsor you easily
- You can keep track of donations
- There's no need to use a support form to keep track of donations
Make the most of your page
- People want to know why you’re raising money for Cancer Research UK, so updating your page by adding photos, videos and your story can really help boost fundraising.
- Make sure you share your page on Facebook and Twitter and email it to your friends and family. It’s a great way to reach a lot of people!
- Let people know that their donation will make a real difference to our research and their money can help save lives.
- Top Tip! Try and get the most generous person to donate to your online fundraising page first. That way, when other people visit your fundraising page they may be tempted to match or 'out donate' them.
Your entry fee can't beat cancer. Only you can.
Where your money goes
Each step we make towards beating cancer relies on each pound donated. Here are some examples of how the money you raise can help us become cancer’s worst nightmare:
- £20 covers the cost of running Cancer Chat for one hour
- £30 is the cost of running a cervical cancer trial for one day
- £80 buys a bunsen burner which can help our scientists to ignite ground-breaking research
- £300 can pay for special chemicals called antibodies, to light up microscopic parts of the cell