Win a CRUK researcher visit prize draw
Terms and conditions
- This prize draw is open to all UK primary and secondary schools within a 50-mile radius of the Cancer Research UK research locations listed at the end of these terms and conditions*, excluding employees of the Promoter and anyone actively involved with the administration of the prize draw. The Promoter reserves the right to ask for evidence of the school’s establishment.
How to enter
- Subject to these terms and conditions, every school that has:
- signed up to host a Race for Life Schools event between 01 September 2019 and 31 July 2020;
- set up a fundraising page via the Cancer Research UK Online Fundraising platform; and through that fundraising page raised £300 per school; will be automatically entered into the prize draw provided that the Promoter has received the sponsorship money which that school has raised (being at least £300) by the Closing Date (defined below). If you do not want to be included in the prize draw please email us at email@example.com.
- Subject to these terms and conditions, you can enter the prize draw without entering Race for Life Schools or returning sponsorship money by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0300 123 0770 by the Closing Date provided that you are eligible to enter Race for Life Schools under The Race for Life Rules.
- Entry is limited to one per school.
- The prize draw is open until 5pm on 31 July 2020 (“Closing Date”). Only valid entries received by the Promoter by the Closing Date will be entered into the prize draw.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for incomplete or incorrect personal details submitted and/or for entries lost, corrupted, delayed or which cannot be sent due to technical errors, network, computer hardware, system or software failures, viruses, bugs and/or interruptions of service or for any other reason beyond its control (to the fullest extent permitted by law).
- Third party, bulk and/or automated applications shall not be accepted.
- There is one prize consisting of a visit (of up to two hours) by a Cancer Research UK researcher to the winner’s school.
- The prize is subject to availability and in the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value or at its sole discretion the cash value of the prize.
- The winning school is responsible for organising and paying for all associated arrangements and costs that are not specifically stated in these terms and conditions (although not, for the avoidance of doubt, the researcher’s travel costs to and from the school) and all other incidentals.
- Insofar as permitted by law, the Promoter will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of using and/or taking up (or failing to use and/or take up) the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter or its employees.
- The prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- The winner of the prize draw will be the first valid school entry selected at random from all the entries in the presence of an independent observer no later than 28 August 2020. Reserve winners will be selected in case the original winner cannot be contacted.
- The winner will be notified within 14 days of the draw by email or telephone.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or fails to claim the prize within two weeks of the winner being notified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve winner selected as set out above.
- The winner must liaise with Cancer Research UK to arrange the date of the researcher’s visit to the school. The researcher must be provided with three preferred dates to attend the school during the school’s autumn term.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if it reasonably believes there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or a winner’s conduct is contrary to these Terms and Conditions and in these circumstances the Promoter also reserves the right to require the return of any prize awarded (if applicable) and select an alternative winner as set out above.
- By participating in this prize draw, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and by the Promoter’s decisions, which are final in all matters relating to the prize draw and no correspondence or discussions shall be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend or modify the prize draw or these terms and conditions for any reason in the Promoter’s reasonable discretion.
- Unless otherwise agreed between you and the Promoter, personal information collected from entrants will only be used and/or shared with third parties where necessary in connection with the prize draw and its administration. For more information about how personal information will be handled by the Promoter visit www.cancer.org.uk/privacy.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and entrants irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any dispute arising out of them.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com.
Promoter: Cancer Research UK, 2 Redman Place, London E20 1JQ
*CANCER RESEARCH UK research locations: