This is Race for Life Hike. THIS IS BEATING CANCER.
Take on a new challenge at Race for Life Hike in 2018. These one-day, long distance walking events will be taking place at iconic locations up and down the country between May and September.
With training support and fundraising advice before the event, and plenty of snacks, cups of tea and even a glass of bubbly to keep you going on event day, this is a fantastic excuse to explore the great outdoors.
The Important Bits
- Fundraising target: £200 (suggested)
- Distance: between 20 and 26 miles
- Duration: Expected walking time of 8-12 hours
- Route: Fully planned with maps provided at registration
- Support points: Snacks, lunch and medical teams along the route if needed.
- VIP treatment: Hot meal, glass of fizz and medal at the finish
- Entry fee: £30
- Race for Life Season Pass: Free entry into unlimited 5k and 10k events to train
Essential kit: Sturdy, walking shoes (not fashion trainers), warm clothing and a waterproof.
Get your fundraising started
Race for Life Hike is a tough event, so we know your friends and family will want to support you, and you’ll be able to hit your £200 fundraising target with no problem. To get started on the path to success:
> Shout about the challenge - tell your friends and family you’re taking on a day-long Hike to beat cancer sooner
Training for your Hike
Our training partner RunningWithUs have put together detailed advice on preparing for your event.
Whatever your age, ability or experience there ain’t no mountain high enough to keep you from finishing your Hike with our support.
Your unlimited Season Pass
When you enter a Hike you'll get free entry into Race for Life 5k and 10k events. In 3 simple steps you can kick-start your training and soak up the atmosphere.
- Find an event near you by searching below
- Arrive on the day with your Season Pass (you'll receive this in the post) and your ID
- Register at the blue admin tent to collect a running number and get training
FIND YOUR 5K OR 10K EVENT